Call now 01382 889222

Private & Public Hire

Commercial & Rural Fleets

Minibuses & Small Coaches

Executive Hire

Courier/Goods in Transit




What cover do I need?

If you use a vehicle for your business, you’re legally obliged to have third-party motor insurance. This covers the costs of any claims made against you if you (or one of your employees) kills or injures someone, or damages their vehicle or any other property. It doesn’t pay out if you damage your own vehicle. By law, your insurance must cover at least£1 million for property damage, and an unlimited amount for personal injury.

If you want to add cover for damage to your own vehicle you can choose from two higher levels of cover:


Fully comprehensive insurance policies offer the most complete level of car insurance protection available. As with other types of policies, a standard fully comprehensive policy covers your third party liability for injuries to other people, including passengers, as well as damage to other people’s property.

Third Party, Fire and Theft

Third party insurance is the legal minimum. This means you’re covered if you have an accident causing damage or injury to any other person, vehicle, animal or property. It doesn’t cover any other costs like repair to your own vehicle.

There are different types of policies for different business vehicles;

For example:

  • Vans and Lorries used to transport goods • Taxis • Coaches and minibuses • Vehicles used for farming or on building sites

Make sure you choose the right policy for your business needs.

What Cover can Cabshield Offer Me?

Public Hire

Private Hire

Multi Vehicle Policies




Commercial Vehicle’s

Motor Homes for hire

What if I have more than one vehicle?

It’s usually best to insure them all under one policy. Many insurers offer discounts for multiple vehicles. Depending on how many vehicles you have, you could consider a fleet policy. This can allow any of your employees to drive any of your vehicles, and may be cheaper and easier to administer. You’ll most likely need to have a minimum number of vehicles typically 5 or 7.

Call now 01382 889222

follow us on facebook

facebook icon